Wednesday, October 03, 2007

this ones for you aquarium girl

its pretty much a blast from the past.

but it suddenly came to me. that night, when i was slung over a railing listening to you air your unhappiness and my inadequacies, my hand was shaking and my heart was pounding. the inevitability of the situation.

i asked you if this was really what you want. and you said yes.

i'd loved to have gone down kicking and screaming, but it really isnt my style.

having seen this happen to so many of my men and colleagues, i saw myself as a victim of the inevitable. i was in the environment where being alone was the norm, and being with someone was a rarity. so i dealt with it.


like you said, there's always a way to deal with anything.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's the thing... i dont believe in not being able to attain something until you've tried and come back with battlescars, still unsuccessful. unrealistic, but truly me. ah well..... cheers to guiness and redbull.

-ling.

9:14 PM  
Blogger cai said...

cheers to your next glass. i buy u must finish!.


well u have the ability to get whatever u desire, thats a good way to look at things.

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i finished it wor! just not feeling that uncle that night..next time i'll power up.

dont think so la cai...hmm. i dont get what i desire unless i pay for it, like a dress. AHAHA! anyhow life's about groping ard right........right? till u find something comfy.

- me ling, you cai por.

10:26 AM  
Blogger cai said...

my brilliant friends bought me 23 pieces of chwee kueh and cai por for my birthday. candles too of course.

u wear dresses?? haha.

well u gotta pay for a dress, but battle scars, moping, wasting time, being overanalytical and cofused? thats suffering ling. not paying.

yeah comfy and happy is =]

how come u call yourself uncle?
so am i auntie.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Singapore

Powered by Blogger